FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
1. What is D&D Storage and Moving’s definition of quality? We pride ourselves on 5 things:
2. How far in advance do I need to make reservations for a move or to have items placed into climate controlled storage?
The more notice we have to be able to schedule the specific day and time of your move, the better. However, we will do our absolute best to meet your needs on short notice as well.
3. Can you schedule a move or storage pick-up on short notice?
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your exact time and date needs on very short notice, but we will be more than happy to try. Give us a call.
4. If I place items in storage will they be mixed in with other customer’s furniture?
No, each of our customers are given personal storage containers that hold only their belongings. The containers are kept in a secure, limited access, climate controlled facility that is part of the D&D Storage and Moving Company.
5. I’d like to retrieve some items from my personal storage container. How much notice do I need to give you?
24 – 48 hours is sufficient.
6. Do you move pianos, hot tubs, gun safes, etc?
Yes. However, please be aware that if special equipment or arrangements were necessary to bring the item in, the same will probably be necessary to take the item(s) out. We will be happy to work with you to make all the necessary preparations for your move.
7. What’s the benefit of hiring a truck and three men instead of a truck and two men?
Hiring a third man often times saves you money because the time required to pack and move items is cut by 30% or more.
8. How can I best help my professional packers box my belongings for the move?
D&D Storage and Moving Packers have been specifically trained to pack items in the safest and most efficient way. All you have to do is let them know where the items are that you’d like packed and then relax. Our packers will take care of the rest and label all boxes so you can find items you need when unpacking.
9. Is D&D Storage and Moving fully insured?
We are fully insured which means that in the unlikely event that one of our men is injured while working in your home, you are not responsible in any way. All of your belongings are insured while we are moving them up to the declared value.
10. Is there an additional charge for weekends or holiday local moves?
No. Out of town moves on holidays or weekends may have an additional charge.
11. How are packing services billed?
For local moves in the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky or Southeast Indiana area, packing services are billed by the hour. For state to state and international moves, packing services are charged by the box.
12. Is tipping acceptable?
It’s appreciated but not mandatory. Like in many other service oriented businesses, tipping is a way for a customer to show their appreciation for the hard work and exceptional service provided by their moving crew. Tips generally range from 10-20%.
13. Can paints, aerosols, propane, butane, matches, or other hazardous materials be moved by D&D Storage and Moving?
No, unfortunately we are not permitted to move any hazardous materials.